Well, I have already finished The Broker, but instead of going on to Spencerville, I am now reading Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Brant is on the last few days of writing his paper on C.S. Lewis and was telling me this morning how much he has truly enjoyed reading all of the Chronicles stories. He has seen the "Prince Caspian", the movie, but I have not; yet, as luck would have it, we have it in our home this very moment thanks to Netflix. So, I immediately started reading it this morning and hope to finish by late this afternoon so that we can watch the movie this evening...So, that means that Prince Caspian has now been added to the list!!
I read Tricia's blog this mornng and Callapidder Days is hostng Spring Reading Thing 2009!!! Here is how it works:
1) Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this spring. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)
2) Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky (on Callapidder Days).
3) Get reading! The challenge goes from March 20th through June 20th.
4) Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
5) Write a post about your challenge experience in June, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how the Spring Reading Thing went for you. Oh, and if you don’t finish your books, or if you change your list half-way through, or if you only read two books…it’s OKAY. This is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this spring (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.
So here is Grabbie's list:
- The Broker - John Grisham FINISHED
- Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - C.S. Lewis
- Spencerville - Nelsen DeVille
- Family - Karen Kingsbury
- Forever - Karen Kingsbury (sequal the follows Family)
- The King of Torts - John Grisham
- The Faithyful Spy - Alex Berenson
- The Ragamuffin Gospel - Brennan Manning
- The Last Juror - John Grisham
- Powerful Promises for Every Couple - Jim & Elizabeth George
So this is my list, obvioulsy with the last book not yet determined. I have included some fiction and non-fiction because I truly love to read both. However, I am forwarning you that al the directions allow, I might be changing my list after I read other people's lists. I hope you will join in the fun. I can't wait to post in June and discuss our readings!!
Happy Spring Reading Thing 2009!!!!!!!!