Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Hey guys - It's DAX!!! Dawson over at Kelly's Korner is having this dog day and Dawson said that any one is totally loved and spoiled by their mom and dad should post, so here I am! This is one of those me-me's that you tell 6 random things about yourself...so here goes!
5. You may not know this, but I have a big sister named Kai. She is a Tabby cat, and she pretty sweet. I like to chase her around, but she doesn't think it so funny! This is a picture of her hiding from me under the Christmas tree!
6. I am SPOILED ROTTEN! My mom and dad love me so much that they spoil me all the time, but I love my mom and dad just as much as they love me. I love to cuddle with my dad, and play with my mom. They are truly the best!!!
Monday, December 29, 2008
8 Favorite TV shows ( I don't think I watch 8 shows)
1. Grey's Anatomy
2. Lost (when it comes back on)
3. Desperate Housewives (every now and then)
4. Jon & Kate Plus 8
5. Designers Challenge
8 Favorite Restaurants:
2. PF Changs
3. Texas Roadhouse
4. Olive Garden
7. Hibatchi 97
8. Beni Hana
8 things that Happened to me Today (although its only 1 in the afternoon, so nothing that important has happened today)
1. Woke up grumpy because I went to bed late and DID NOT want to come back to work after a long weekend
2. Got some delicious coffee
3. Filled up with gas for only $1.32 a gallon!
4. Had very little traffic coming into the office today
5. God incredibly busy with work "stuff"
6. Had a delicious Greek Salad for lunch
7. Read blog updates from the weekend
8. Wrote a not-so-nicely worded email to the seller on Amazon that STILL haven't mailed me the gift I bought for my sister on DECEMBER 15TH!!!!
8 Things I look forward to;
1. Doing absolutely nothing tonight when I get home from work
2. Paying off our 1 credit card - soon!
3. Getting my laptop back from the laptop ER
4. Spending New Year's Eve with our friends
5. Having another long weekend
6. Going shopping with Christmas money this weekend
7. Having children
8. Making special Christmas traditions with those children
8 Things I wish for:
2. A huge jetted tub
3. A new, organized closet
4. For a job that allows me to work part time and still be able to raise my children
5. A laundry fairy (just like Melissa)
6. A maid to clean my house
7. To lose 30 lbs. - which yes, I am working on
8. Not so sure about this one........
8 People I tag;
1. Sister (Rollin' with the Rooneys)
2. Tricia Nae
3. Caroline (Caroline in Texas)
4. Nicole (The Woods)
6. Kristina (Houge)
7. Kristen (at Home with the Hemphills)
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Praise the Lord for this tiny baby who came to save our lives, to be a Father to the fatherless, to be shelter for the homeless and strength for weary.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
For my birthday Brant got me an awesome 500GB portable pocket hard drive!!! WOOHOO!!!!!! For you digital scrapbooker - you know what an awesome present this was. For those of you who have no idea how to edit your pictures digitally, don't worry because you won't understand the grand gift that this truly is!!! Brant actually gave me my gift on Thursday evening so that I could have some time playing on my computer, then sent these beautiful roses to my office on Friday.
On Saturday, Sister, Kate and I all went to get manicures and pedicures. It was heavenly. This is a picture of Kate proving that size doesn't keep her from gettin' pampered! Notice how her tiny feet just barely touch the top of the water!!!
On Friday night (the 12th), we went out to Suzushi...one of my most favorite sushi restaurants. Sister and Michael took the kids to Holiday in the Park, and because it was so cold, Ethan came to dinner with us! Jon, Melissa and Baby Cade; Jessica, Butch and Riley also came with us.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet
table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see
carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving
divinity balls and fudge with nuts.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare... You
cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares
that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to
turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it.
Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of
gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out
of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk
or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control
your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat
other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like
frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position
yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before
becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of
shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin... Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with all the
mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.
10. One final tip: if you don't feel terrible when you leave the party
or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read
tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.
Remember this motto to live by:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention
of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, and body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO-HOO!!! What a ride!"
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
Tuesday - Basketball game at DBU
Wednesday - Take dinner to Jon and Melissa
Thursday - Office Christmas party
Friday - Crossroads Women's Christmas banquet
Saturday - Neiman Marcus Adolphus Christmas Parade
On Thursday, we have our office Christmas party at one of the partner's homes. It was MAGNIFICENT! Servers to wait on us, a string quartet playing in the living room - they wined and dined us to the hilt! It was so nice being able to just mingle and get to know people outside of the office. I have some co-workers that are hilarious, but you would never know it in the office. I was so thankful just to get to know a different side of people.
On Friday, I went with mom, sister and Jessica to the Women's Christmas banquet at Crossroad Christian Church (where mom and sister go to church). The speaker was the amazing Sheila Walsh from Women of Faith. It was an AMAZING evening of laughter, tears, and absolute joy! One of the things that she said this year touched me so deeply...
On Saturday, Jessica and I took Riley (Jessica's 4 year old daughter) and Kate (my 4 year old niece) to the Neiman Marcus Adolphus Children's Parade! It was FANTASTIC! Jessica and I met up and were in Dallas by 7am - and the parade didn't start until 10 - but we had AWESOME seats. We borrowed a side-by-side jogging stroller from sister's friend Collette and bundled the girls up with sleeping bags and blankets. It was chilly, but praise the Lord there really wasn't any wind blowing - so we just drank our hot chocolate and let the girls play with their barbie dolls until the parade started. I have tons of pictures, so I am going to make a collage of them, then I will post it.
I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is getting in the holiday-mood!!! Only 18 more days!!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Ok - so it is Thursday now, but I needed to post for our new Weigh-in Wednesday! Melissa posted yesterday about working on losing weight with a Weigh In Wednesday! So we decided to make it official and do this together!
So get ready for some accountability - because WE NEED IT!!! I'm starting my life-change officially today, so hopefully we'll have some progress by next week for my first official "WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY"!!!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
All of this to say that since I can't stand for Dax to be locked in his kennel when we are home, we are teacking him the "Go place, Settle" command so that he can still be in the living room or around the house with us, but still rest his leg.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Gift cards have been one of hte biggest gifts for years now, but this year, so many stores are closing that gift cards may be useless. Ellie Kay has the list of stores that are either closing their doors - or at least some of them. You might be surprise with whose on the list!